Thursday, February 03, 2005

State of the Union Postmortem

All I can say is WOW. This whole blog thing is really taking off. Way back when I first started my blog, I never would have imagined in my wildest dreams the places that it would lead or the people that I might meet... Yet, right there at the bottom of my first entry, my very first comment! Welcome to my community fellow traveler. Please, please, come on in. Take off your shoes and stay awhile. No seriously, take off your shoes. They smell like chimp semen. Oh, by the way, you see that little counter I installed at the bottom of the page? Yeah, Daddy's been doing his homework. It tells me who is looking at my site, and where they linked in from. Well folks, it looks like our neighborhood has its very first registered sex offender! Anyways, welcome all the same. I'm a pretty fair guy. We've all got our little "secrets" don't we? Stay tuned in and I may begin revealing my own… one… at… a… time!

Well anyway, as promised, I watched the State of the Union last night. I have to say, and this is where I might get a little “controversial”; if you actually, and I mean truly believe that the winking and the grinning and the smirking of that Big Dummy is sophisticated, adult, bigwig-style behavior… then you might be a redneck.

No, but seriously, bill of goods sold/not sold, who cares… social security-smochel slaclermity, the manner in which the President comports himself is child like. It’s that simple. He behaves in a sophomoric fashion. Constantly. It’s like he’s the jackass friend-of-a-friend who always makes you cringe when he tags along to Denny’s late night. You’re already stoned, so you’re paranoid as hell anyway. You’re thinking, worrying, petrified… what will he SAY? You can count on the fact that he will at some point, some how, embarrass the hell out of you by making a totally rude comment to the waitress or telling a racial joke to the guy in the next booth.

ATTENTION ALL BUSINESSMEN: Please. I beg you. I understand you are trying to reenslave us. That’s fine. Great. We can’t do anything about it. But I mean, for the love of Christ, you couldn’t have the common decency to pick a guy that is not such a fucking jackanapes? I mean, it’s just plain insulting, and not only to us snooty self styled quasi-intellectual types, but also to our slack-jawed friends who are seemingly so easily convinced that a multimillionaire Yale Graduate is their cowboy boot wearing good buddy.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I also found it touching how God saw fit to have the dog tags clutched by the grieving mother (the very dog tags of the son who was just blown to shit in Iraq fighting for “freedom”) become all entangled and entwined, literally for an extraordinary amount of time, in the cuff or bracelet of the Iraqi woman who had just “voted” for the first time. Funny how that symbolic moment didn’t quite make the cut of being chewed over and over by the talking heads. Well, get used to it. Those dog tags are stuck to that Iraqi woman, and they ain’t comin unhooked.

6 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

You are an angry man. Oh well. Everyone's angry they just don't know it yet.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY!! Someone who sees the exact same thing I do when looking at that smirking little ferret!!!!! Thanks angryman!

kelliebrat

8:46 PM  
Blogger AngryMan said...

no problem kellie. it's what I do. spread the word about the angryman clearinghouse like german measles

8:53 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

If you're even semi-cute or not, I love you and might want to marry you. I just came across you randomly, believe it or not.

If I could figure out how to link to you I would. (Any lessons are welcome.) Check me out at www.adventuresoftrixie.blogspot.com. That's me.

LOVE IT!

9:06 PM  
Blogger AngryMan said...

Hi Bernice,
Sorry to tell you, i am "spoken for", unless it will ecourage a larger audience of readers if you all believe that I'm not (sort of like Nick Latchkey keeping his marriage to that hideous cretin on the DL, smooth)... Anyway, you can find out how to add links to your blog here:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=110&topic=22
peace, I'm out.

2:36 PM  
Blogger AngryMan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home